February 2nd, 2008
It was a cold, rainy, windy Saturday dedicated to my feline master and mistress.
The male is doing much better on chicken soup. I resorted to using a medicine dropper to ensure he gets his nutraceuticals, and waving a 12 inch turkey baster at him to "encourage" him to eat something.
The female is a world class athlete, Siamese were bred for that, and she starred today in some awesome videos; I spent all day and night making into YouTube material (does anyone know how to export a photo captured within a Windows Movie Maker clip into Adobe Photoshop without resorting to capture software like Hijaak or Snag-it?)
Around 8:30pm it occurred to me it was Saturday night, and no, cold roast chicken and slices of cheese with celery and carrots were just not gonna cut it. In addition, there's all that delisheye bok choy...
In 15-25 minutes, the following was whipped up and set to wine and song:
- Cold roast chicken cut into small chunks
- Cold jalapeno cheese sliced and diced
- 4-5heads baby bok choy sliced and diced
- One tomato, diced
- One fresh jalapeno pepper diced small
- One stalk celery diced
- 4-5 Tb canned corn
- 4-5 Tb frozen sweet peas
- 1-2 heads spring onion diced finely
- Sesame seeds
- 2 Tb canned diced tomato
- 1 Tb tomato sauce
- 1 Tb dark sesame oil
- 2 Tb Soy sauce
- 2 Tb vinegar
- 2 Tb dark brown sugar
- 1 Tb Cumin
- 1 Tb ginger powder
- 1 Tb garlic powder
- 2 twirls of sesame oil for the wok
- In a small mixing container mix the tomatoes and and the sweet and sour ingredients.
- Heat oil for wok, and stir fry on hot hot heat all the green stuff 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken, corn, stir fry for a minute, then add the sauce. Stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sesame seeds and cheese. Cover, and turn down heat.