1. Most powerful anti-oxidant of all fruits
2. Potent anti-cancer and immune supporting effects
3. Inhibits abnormal platelet aggregation that could cause heart attacks, strokes and embolic disease
4. Lowers cholesterol and other cardiac risk factors
5. Lowers blood pressure
6. Shown to promote reversal of atherosclerotic plaque
7. May have benefits to relieve or protect against depression and osteoporosis
Homemade Live Plain Yogurt:
though it is merely a "gelatinous community of bacteria and yeast".
If you know how to use "Kefir grains" to ferment foods
(not just milk for making yogurt), it will give you a condition known as
WTMB - Way Too Many Birthdays, routinely, 120 of them.
Summary of live (probiotic) yogurt features:
Provide dual roles (protective and therapeutic):
- They manufacture some of the B-vitamins including niacin (B3), pyridoxine (B6), folic acid and biotin.
- They manufacture the milk-digesting enzyme lactase which helps you digest calcium-rich dairy products.
- They actively produce anti-bacterial substances which kill or deactivate hostile disease-causing bacteria.
- They do this by changing the local levels of acidity or by depriving pathogenic bacteria of their nutrients or by actually producing their own antibiotic substances which can kill invading bacteria, viruses and yeasts.
- Some (such as the bifidobacteria and acidophilus) have been shown to have powerful anti-carcinogenic features which are active against certain tumors.
- They improve the efficiency of the digestive tract and when they are weakened bowel function is poor.
- They effectively help to reduce cholesterol levels when this is high.
- They play an important part of the development of a baby’s digestive function and immune system. Bifidobacteria infantis is acquired from breast-milk and when it is in poor supply allergies and malabsorption problems are more common.
- They help protect against radiation damage as well as deactivating many toxic pollutants.
- They help to recycle oestrogen (one of the female hormones) which reduces the likelihood of menopausal symptoms and osteoporosis.
- Therapeutically they have been shown to be useful in treatment of acne, psoriasis, eczema, allergies, migraine, gout (by reducing uric acid levels), rheumatic and arthritic conditions, cystitis, candidiasis, colitis and irritable bowel syndrome and some forms of cancer!
There's this helpful tidbit from Wiki:
In 2005, Mireille Guiliano released her best selling book, French Women Don’t Get Fat, in which she touts yogurt as her secret weight loss weapon.
In her novel, she campaigned for Americans to discover the benefits and pleasures of homemade plain, non-fat yogurt, as opposed to the sugar and corn syrup-laden ‘imposters’ found in most U.S. supermarkets. Her book was the first contemporary weight loss plan to center around making homemade yogurt.
You see where I'm going don't you?
I shall be marched straight to a CODEX jail subsidized by the AMA and the FDA and George Bush's GrandPop's IG Farbenverbunderen Global Big Pharma for ruthlessly promoting all this!