Sunday, February 24, 2008

Oops I did it again

Broken promises!

For Thursday February 21st, I made "Indian Lamb Chili" but I omitted the lamb. I replaced the lamb with quite a bit of hamburger beef.

Because of that substitution, for this episode, I added more flax seeds, 1/2 can of corn, a bit less kidney beans, less garbanzo beans, and a bit more peppers, including whole chilis to the mix.

To balance the spicy hot taste, I served it with HOMEMADE live-culture yogurt, and avocado slices on top.

I failed to take pictures, it was gone too soon. However, it did remind me to do a section on fermented foods - this time fermented Milks - such as yogurt and flavored yogurts. If you are real good I'll show you how to cross over into non aerated ice-creams, fermented ice creams and ummm, masalarized ice creams, you know, curry ice cream!

You can't call yourself a proper nutraceutical cook without owning your own live "yeastie beasties", this time, yogurt cultures. Okay I know live yogurt cultures are bacterial "YEASTIE BEASTIES" - but it's my food blog and I like calling the whole lot of them that leaven up our lives - the Yeastie Beasties.

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker